You're invited to a launch party for 'Alive with Local Food' - a Strategy for supporting and growing the local food economy across the Forth Valley and Lomond region! Hear about what's happening with local food across the region, meet producers and other foodie folk, participate in local food activities, and (of course) eat some local nibbles!
Event is free to attend, but please book in advance here!
Come hear about the ambitions and activities of Alive with Local Food and economic strategy to enable a vibrant local food economy, to invest in the people at the heart of local food, to shape a resilient future for our food system, and to showcase and celebrate local food. We will also hear about:
- Local food success stories - examples of the different areas of the food system that the Alive with Local Food Strategy and actions are seeking to support
- How to get involved - how you, your organisation, or your business can get involved in upcoming local food events and activites.
- Poster Unveiling: the winner of Stirling high school poster competition for the Forth Valley Food Festival
A chance to network with foodie-folk and nibble on locally-sourced goodies, meet with local producers of the Neighbourfood weekly market, and participate in food activities. Some of these activities include:
- Meet the Hens (Egglicious Eggs) - local free-range hens to meet and greet
- Live music - from Stirling High School budding musicians
- Grow Your Own salad (Forth Environment Link) - use upcycled materials, sow some seeds, and take home future zero-food-mile salads!
- Coffee Roasting 101 (Counter Roast) - Stewart will walk us through his special 'Stirling Signature' coffee blend, roasted locally in Clackmannanshire
- Bee Keeping basics with Stirling High students - explore the food activities of Stirling High students - from bee-keeping on Stirling castle, to food production with local ingredients, to growing their own veggies on the roof-top garden
- 'Grown Not Flown' flower crown workshop (Tomnah'a Market Garden) ** free, but must be pre-booked via the Neighbourfood marketplace, link below***
- Local Food & Active Travel (Stirling Active Travel Hub) - learn how to combine local food and active travel more often - veggies on foot, or bread by bike!
The launch event is being held simultaneously with the click'n'collect weekly farmers market, Stirling Neighbourfood - an innovative way to connect local people to local producers. There will be free tasters and a chance to chat with your farmer, baker, or food producer - but if you'd like to buy food on the day, make sure to pre-order via the Neighbourfood website before midnight, Tuesday June 04th.
Any questions please contact the Local Food & Drink Coordinator, Ashley Robinson.